Welcome to the
Father, Research Scientist & Author
Cedric O. Buckley, Ph.D.
Brings a scientific approach to parenting in his soon to be published debut book entitled:
A Scientist's Approach to Honest Parenting
Dr. Buckley offers insights on parenting drawn from his extensive background as a university-trained, research scientist. Honest parenting as an "ordered process" builds upon the reality that children do not come with manuals. In place of excuses and feelings of ineptitude, fear, and guilt, Dr. Buckley presents the scientific method as a foundation upon which any honest adult can build an effective, rewarding parenting experience.
Meet the Authors
Cedric O. Buckley, Ph.D.
Dr. Cedric Buckley is a native of Jackson, Mississippi and is a proud graduate of Jackson State University (JSU). After having earned his Bachelor of Science in Biology from JSU, Michigan State University (MSU) conferred his doctorate in Microbiology and Molecular Genetics specializing in Virology in 2000. Dr. Buckley is a trained virologist, tenured Associate Professor and is the host of the 'Straight - No Chaser with Dr. B' podcast. He's also the founder of A Scientist's Approach™, a data-driven virological consultancy where he provides accurate, time-sensitive solutions. Dr. Buckley is happily married and is the proud father of two world changing boys.
Micah Murdock, EdS
Micah Murdock has been working in the Educational Technology sector for the past 20 years. He completed his online Master’s Degree in Organizational Management from Ashford University in 2008, and obtained an EdS in Instructional Technology and Learning Sciences from Utah State University in 2014. His favorite part of working in the field of education is helping people become the best version of themselves, through teaching, training, coaching or mentorship. Micah currently works full-time as a Learning Technology Specialist for a major online university and does freelance consulting and instructional design work in his spare time. Micah grew up in Casper Wyoming as the 4th of 5 children. He and the love of his life have been married 25 years and have 8 adorable children.
Five reasons to join the
Honest Parenting Revolution!
1. All children both need and deserve a truthful, compassionate world full of adults who model responsible, intentional parenting.
2. We, as honest parents, although refusing to be lulled into complacency of capitalism, still seek an affirming community in which other adults also have the courage to fulfill their civic duty of teaching their own children humanity, preparing them to become global citizens and functioning adults whose primary concern will never be how much more they have compared to their neighbors or the rest of the world.
3. This Honest Parenting community exists because there are innumerable pitfalls along the way that cause parents to falter: (1) provide practical tools from a formally trained research scientist to help other parents to make the most of “process” thinking; (2) provide access to like-minded parents across the country who also want to connect, share ideas and support other parents; (3) provide consistent accountability to ensure we never quit or slack in OUR awesome stewardship roles we've been given.
4. Accountability matters. It is easy to lose focus, especially as we enter the Fourth Industrial Revolution. Honest Parenting matters...it matters a lot! So, when we lose our focus on accountability, it is quite useful when other parents are able to see our situation and then help us to see where we may be going "off message", "losing focus", "getting caught up", or just becoming plain old "burnt out". Whenever responsible, loving, compassionate parents are willing to help each other along the journey, everyone wins...especially our children!!
5. We're a fun group of people! Our physical lives here on earth do have a "shelf life"...we won't be in this world forever. Why not have fun by creating life-affirming connections with other parents, ensuring that we all can make our time here on this planet REALLY count, dammit!!